Every wedding is special, but for many happy couples the idea of an outdoor wedding is the one element that transforms this occasion into a spectacular party. Of course you do need to remember that weather is the one thing that no one can control or predict. This is why you could use a little advice that will help you keep your wedding on the right track no matter what Mother Nature may bring to the table.
Some people are superstitious enough to believe that a rainy day bodes ill for the bride and groom. This is nonsense and you should know that in some cultures brides insist on holding their wedding on day when rain is pouring down from the clouds. You see rain is also seen by many as an indication of good luck and good fortune.
Cast those superstitions aside and keep your focus on the main event-your wedding ceremony. Still it seems that most people want a day of sunshine and blue skies as the backdrop for their outdoor weddings. No matter what the weather may choose to do you can still have a delightful outdoor wedding and reception.
Tips For Outdoor Weddings
Here are a few good tips for outdoor weddings to keep in mind.
1. Your date has already been set but you can begin checking on those long range forecasts just in case your plans have to be changed.
2. Always have a back-up plan that you can turn to if circumstances demand you change your original wedding location.
3. When you use candles on tables in outdoor weddings you may want to use glass hurricane globes to protect the flames. Unexpected wind, misty rain or even a wayward breeze will not be able to extinguish the candle flame (or send sparks flying into the air) at outdoor weddings.
4. If the day is going to have high temperatures then provide hand-held fans, misting bottles, canopy covers and icy cold drinks for your guests.
5. There are also large, free-standing fans that can be pulled into play if necessary. The blades of these fans can be decorated or replaced so that they fit into your wedding scheme.
6. Make sure that seating arrangements are designed so that no one is facing the glare of a setting sun as they are watching the wedding ceremony.
7. You do not have to go overboard with floral arrangements and decorations for outdoor weddings. Let the natural scenery have a co-starring role. Save money and embrace your inner ‘green living diva’.
8. Make sure that chairs and tables are placed in an area where the ground is firm enough to bear the weight. If the ground seems to be soft, or there have been recent rains you will also need to double check the pathway where everyone will be walking.
9. If the ground will be damp and soft why not use a pair of colorful rain boots to make your way from the limo to the church or outdoor site?
There are dozens of other helpful hints and suggestions you can use to ensure that your outdoor wedding is one that everyone will remember.
What to do if there is rain on your wedding day.